Thursday, May 21, 2009

Memorial Day savings


I find that some of the best time to stock up on items are before, during, or after a major holiday.

As Memorial weekend arrives take time to look at the specials you got in the mail for your local supermarkets. If you have a Super Walmart check them out as well. Remember Walmart price matches, you can always ask if they can beat that price you found. That way you only have to make one stop.

I recently stocked up on items we use very often like bottled water, Prego sauce, pasta, toothpaste, soda, and other frequently used items through a new store promotion, with addition to the low prices I also had The Manufacturer coupons which added to my savings.

If you are a parent, teacher, or just love candy stock up after major holidays. Don't forget to use your club cards!


Old Navy is having a sale on their flip flops for $1.00!!! Only for Memorial Day. Make sure you go and stock up for summer!

As usual for me I head straight for the sale section, I find great deals on casual clothes for my husband and myself. You will be surprised at the low prices on Men's clothing in the clearance section.

Bonus fact... it was Memorial Day, Old Navy a couple of years ago where I found work shirts for my husband at an astonishing $.25 each.


QUICKBOOKS is FREE at Staples this week.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lola! Great idea for a blog! I'm going to bookmark you!:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your ideas Lola. You inspire me to be a frugal shopper and a good steaward of Gods money :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old Navy had flip-flops for $1 yesterday (Sunday), and today (Memorial Day) they are selling their $5 flag t-shirts with a buy one, get one free sale. So 2 t-shirts for $5 today only.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?threadid=1366135

    also, Quickbooks is free at Staples next week.
    http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?threadid=1366409

    ReplyDelete